Drive Safe Hampton Roads has a unique opportunity ahead of us this year in recognizing and supporting those who serve the community to ensure traffic safety for all drivers.
Committed experts and volunteers lead Drive Safe Hampton Roads and facilitate programs that meet the community where they live, go to school, and/or work to teach and remind drivers with the most recent research and new technology that supports traffic safety.
Drive Safe Hampton Roads, for the last 34 years, continues to serve the community with:
- Get It Together (GIT) for Hampton Roads students
- John T. Hanna Awards for Excellence in Traffic Safety
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Appreciation Days
- Sponsoring Sober 757 Rides on major holidays
- Drive Smart Virginia Distracted Driving Summit
More than 30,000-55,000 drivers of all ages are reached every year.
Whether you are a new driver, a fleet driver, an experienced driver, or even a mature driver, everyone can use a reminder to:
- Wear their seat belts every time you get in a vehicle and no matter where you are sitting in the vehicle. Slow down, slow down, slow down.
- Put your phone down while driving. It is the law now.
- Move over and slow down when you see an incident on the road to allow traffic safety officials the space to be safe while they take care of the emergency.
- More than anything, appreciate the men and women who serve the community when drivers need help on the road.
It is a pleasure to serve as president of Drive Safe Hampton Roads this year. It is indeed an honor and privilege to know the extraordinary longstanding members and new members who make up Drive Safe Hampton Roads. We are grateful. Thank you for your service and many contributions to traffic safety in Hampton Roads. You make a difference.
Please join us to keep Hampton Roads safe for all drivers.
MI Technical Solutions, Inc.
2022-2023 President, Drive Safe Hampton Roads