Addendum 1 to the By-Laws: Code of Ethics
As a member of Drive Safe Hampton Roads, I will:
- Use my best efforts to adhere to all local, state and federal traffic control laws both in my professional and personal life.
- Work with local, state and federal authorities in their efforts to promote safe driving practices and promulgate regulations regarding same.
- Respect the opinions of my fellow members.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the Board even though they may differ from my personal opinions.
- Promote and support the organization’s mission statement.
As a member, I will not:
- Use the organization or information obtained from the organization for my personal benefit or financial gain.
- Disclose any information that might be deemed confidential or privileged.
- Interfere with the duties of the organization’s officers or undermine the officers’ authority with staff members.
If I don’t adhere to this Code of Ethics, I will be asked to rescind my membership and affiliation with the organization. I understand it is my responsibility to self-report any violations. If I am in violation of this Code of Ethics, I may be subjected to suspension and/or removal by the Board of Directors.