The following FMCSA waivers have been extended.
Waiver in Response to the COVID-19 National Emergency – For States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles 09/18/2020
- Major changes to the waiver:
- Extends most provisions of the waiver through December 31, 2020.
- Waiver covers drivers whose medical certification or variance expired on or after March 1 and before June 1, 2020, until October 31, 2020.
- Waiver covers drivers whose medical certification or variance expired on or after June 1, 2020, until December 31, 2020.
- FMCSA does not anticipate waiving the medical certification requirements beyond October 31, 2020, for drivers whose medical certification or variance expired before June 1, 2020.
- FMCSA urges these drivers to obtain a new medical certificate or variance as soon as practicable.
Three-Month Waiver in Response to the COVID-19 Emergency – For States and CLP Holders Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles 09/18/2020
- This waiver expires on December 31, 2020.
FMCSA Guidance on Cross-Border Transportation and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) 09/18/2020
Notice of Enforcement Discretion Determination Concerning Certain Requirements for States in 49 CFR Parts 383 and 384 09/18/2020
- New document added.
Notice of Enforcement Policy Regarding Expiring Driver’s Licenses and Medical Examiner’s Certificates During Covid-19 National Emergency
Revised Expanded Frequently Asked Questions for State Driver Licensing Agencies and Commercial Drivers Regarding Permissible Actions During the COVID-19 Emergency 09/18/2020
Waiver for States Concerning Third Party CDL Skills Test Examiners In Response to the COVID-19 Emergency 09/18/2020
- This waiver expires on December 31, 2020
For more information go to: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/COVID-19